Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Art Techniques



I recently started taking art lessons with a new art teacher, and she showed me different art forms I had never even heard of - let alone tried.  Some of these included mirror drawing, in some cases she folded the paper, made a design on one half, and I copied it on another.  A harder version I tried was drawing my hand, then mirroring it... upside down!

I also tried contour drawings, gesture drawing, drawing blind, and negative space.  I learned about techniques like pole drawing, where the pencil is at the end of a long pole and the paper is on the floor!

All in all, I learned that the world of art is a place I have explored little of, and I hope I continue to learn!



1 comment:

  1. Really quite amazing the different way's to explore your skills.
    Nice to see. Love Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete