Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tri-It Triathlon 2015


I recently did a Tri-It Triathlon in Templeton - my 4th year in a row. The swimming and running were pretty uneventful, but the cycling was amazing!

I borrowed a racing bike from my Daddy's friend and WOW did it make a difference! I shaved at least 4 minutes which really is a lot for a triathlon. Last year I came in 8th out of 21 girls and 23rd out of 41 kids. This year I came in 4th out of 30 girls and 12th out of 60 kids. It was really fun doing the race then cheering on the next person!
The medals were really gorgeous this year. After you finished the race you got a medal, a mini freezy, and a water bottle. Then you could go to the snack counter to get a juice box or granola bar, and go to the toy table to pick a little prize!

Over all it was a really fun experience - cheering my friends on, giving high-fives to the runners, and clearing the sidewalks for the runners. It was fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Great job Serena. We are very proud of you.
    Love Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete