Monday, June 16, 2014

The Westing Game

The Westing Game Wordle by Serena

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin is the last book that I read for this school year's book club. It is mystery where 16 unexpecting heirs come to the funeral of a man called Sam Westing. The will instructs the heirs to pair up and play a mysterious Westing Game.

I highly recommend this book as a good mystery and a fast read. I enjoy the fact that at the beginning of the book all the heirs were unhappy and dissatisfied with their life. But by the end of the game, all the pairs have found what they were missing before. Even though it seems cruel for Sam Westing to make everyone play this game, I think overall he's a good man because he made peace with his friends and enemies.

My favourite character is Turtle Wexler. She was rejected by her mother but ultimately found a new mother in her partner Flora Baumbach. I like how she is very ambitious and clever, and in the end she found a new path for herself.

Because my mom & I enjoyed The Westing Game so much, we borrowed another book by Ellen Raskin - The Tattooed Potato and Other Clues. I hope it's a good mystery too!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good read . Great learning and understanding friendships
    Love Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete