Saturday, January 21, 2012

Watoto


The Watoto choir is currently on a 6-month tour of "Beautiful Africa: A New Generation" in Canada. They performed at Coastal Church this evening, and we had the privilege to not only see their vibrant production, but also meet a very special girl. 11-year old Sandra from Uganda is the sponsored child of Serena's godparents!

The joy of Sandra and the other Watoto children is absolutely radiant; their love for Jesus is so evident. It's a humbling experience to have these children who have so little and have suffered so much in their young lives to minister to us who have so much. As the apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1:27,

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

4 comments:

  1. It must have been a great night
    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting with Sandra right now. She is very excited to see this picture online. I have had the opportunity to have her and her friend Peace over at my house in Canada for 2 nights. Sandra and Peace would like to say " I will miss you if I go to Uganda. I did our exam this morning. I will keep praying for you." It is very exciting that we were looking at Watoto pictures online and this one of your family and Sandra came up. We love you and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She would also like to say that "I am going back in Uganda in July 9th. I hope I will see you somedays. Bye Bye" -Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pleasant surprise! Thanks Danyel for relaying the message, and thank you dear Sandra for your lovely note. It was such a blessing to have met you in person, we'll miss you much here too! You have the most beautiful smile and your eyes sparkle, do you know that? Take good care and Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete