Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Threshold


A Remembered Perspective

Behold I stand at the door
And I need not knock
For the door is unbarred
And opened for me
I peek across the threshold
Into this week, this month, this year
And I am almost overwhelmed.
I behold the struggles to come,
The people to meet
And jobs to accomplish
In so little time.
So much to learn,
So far to grow and my puny resources.

But then I remember
Why the door is unlocked,
And who opened it to me.
My perspective is altered,
My Saviour, my Lord, my friend.
I gaze across the threshold
Into this week, this month, this year,
And I am overjoyed.
I behold the trials and tribulations
that will build my character
The people to meet,
opportunities to witness and learn
The tasks to accomplish,
humble service to the best of my abilities
And the time is precious
So much to learn and to grow
With more than my own resources.
My Peace, my Provider, my Teacher.

And then I remember
Standing on the threshold
Into this week, this month, this year
I remember to nail my sins with confession
to that cross where His blood does wash.
I remember to lay my burdens at the foot
of that cross and pick up His yoke
whose burden is easy.
I remember to be nourished, refreshed and
renewed by His power, His peace, His comfort.
I remember to look to the Author,
and the Perfector of my faith,
for He is the light for my feet.
I’ll stride across the threshold
Into this week, this month, this year
Knowing He has gone before and will be with me still,
My Guide, my Lamp, my Salvation.

A Cross, the Threshold,
My perspective altered by remembrance of Him
Into this week, this month, this year.

Thank you for blessing us with your friendship this past year. We look forward to another year of adventures as we stride across the threshold together, remembering Him, our Teacher and our Guide. 

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Love the poem Tina! Good message to start the year:) Happy New Year to you and your family and I look forward to seeing Serena blossom in school. Blessings Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem.All the best in the New Year
    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete