Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Leg Godt

I had fond memories of building this little house when I was about Serena's age. Imagine my surprise when it resurfaced after years of being buried in storage. Serena & I got working immediately, and I'm not sure which one of us had more fun...
On the other hand, I'm not so fond of these Bionicle figures that don't look like anything to me. Nevertheless, little Miss Girlie-Girl was thrilled to own her first set of boy-toy and confidently build this "Waspix" contraption all on her own.
We love these versatile sticks & connectors. Serena has built cathedrals, towers, rockets, submarines... all the while trying to keep her kitties from tearing them down!
Hard to believe these little blocks have been around for over 50 years and are as popular as ever. LEGO, from the Danish phrase "leg godt", means "play well". Serena was the grand architect of this Lego loft studio equipped with flat screen TV, roof-top hot tub, and car porch. I think she plays well.

1 comment:

  1. Serena looks like she has a great eye to
    transfer her idea into a finished item.
    Well done.Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete