Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Faith of a Child

"If Jesus already died on the cross to wash away all our sins, why do we still have sin?"


"Good question...", that's all I was able to mutter when Serena stumped me with her question this morning.

We've been using "Training Hearts, Teaching Minds: Family Devotions Based on the Shorter Catechism" for our daily Bible study.  This week's topic is on the Trinitarian nature of God, not exactly the easiest concept to tackle.  Just when I wondered if she's getting anything out of our catechism study since we started this summer, she asked one insightful question that reminded me why Jesus loves little children.

And he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."  (Matthew 18:3)

1 comment:

  1. A nice innocent question.
    Very thoughtful
    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete