Monday, March 14, 2011

I Can Skate!

video

"I don't think I want the thingamajig [the walker] today. Can I just hold your hand and you skate with me?", asked Serena before we stepped on the ice today.

We don't go skating very often, and given Serena's tentative nature and fear of failures (falling = mistakes = bad), I didn't expect her to skate (or swim or bike or...) on her own for a while. She, in God's providence and good humour, surprises me and proves me wrong time and again. She was mighty proud when she decided to let go of my hand today and skated comfortably on her own the whole hour we were at the rink.

This past year as a 6-year old has been a year of milestones for Serena. As she turns 7 this Sunday, I look forward to all the things she's going to prove me wrong!

1 comment:

  1. Serena.That was great.
    You can skate better than me
    Nice cannonball
    Nice colour martial arts belt.
    Can not believe you are having a Birthday soon!!!
    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete